If it’s a job, an internship, work experience, postgraduate study or time out you are considering or you haven’t even given your future a thought, now’s your chance.
Tuesday’s Autumn Careers Fair sees the start of a great programme of careers and employability activity designed and delivered for you and your fellow students. Come along Tuesday 15 October, 11am – 3pm, City Hall you won’t regret it.
Careers Fairs are typically informal, preparation is advisable but not compulsory, the only must is a professional approach. Your future employer could be watching or talking to you and you don’t want to give them the wrong first impression (do you?).
There are plenty of opportunities out there and the exhibitors at all of this Autumn’s Fairs (all 5 of them) are visiting for very positive reasons:-
1. they have selected to target Cardiff University from a great range of other Unis
2. they have made special efforts to get here to meet Cardiff students and graduates
3. they want to meet you, offer you information to look at and time to chat informally
4. they will often be looking and making a note of ‘good’ students for future recruitment
5. they want to help you
6. they want to tell you more about them and their organisation
7. they want to talk to you about why their opportunities and organisation may suit you
8. they want you to ask questions and answer them for you
9. they want you to find out more about them and be attracted to their organisation
10. they want to have a successful visit to Cardiff University – for you and them.
Visit the Autumn Fair on Tuesday and you’ll meet staff from over 60 organisations including Careers and Employability who can help you get started.
Almost all of the organisations exhibiting on Tuesday recruit from all degree disciplines, so there should be something for everyone.
Wouldn’t it be great to think you knew what you’d liked to do after Uni; that you can tick all the boxes when a student or graduate recruiter looks at your application, meets you at interview or observes you at an assessment centre. Careers and Employability has the skills, services and events to help you, the opportunities are right here for you, you just need to take advantage of them!
Get started! Come and see us on Tuesday or call into the Careers & Employability Centre at 50 Park Place, Student High Street.
Katrina, Marketing Manager